Steering Committee Announced for 2020 Mock Trial Nationals
INDIANAPOLIS - Co-chairs for the 2020 National High School Mock Trial Championship are Hon. Steven David, Indiana Supreme Court, and Hon. Richard Young, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, Evansville. The steering committee for the 2020 championship event in Evansville, Indiana includes the following lawyers, judges and private citizens:
- Hon. David Kiely, Vanderburgh County Circuit Court, Evansville;
- Patrick Shoulders, Ziemer, Stayman, Weitzel Shoulders LLP, Evansville;
- Ron Christian, Vectren Corporation, Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer, Evansville;
- Allyson Claybourn, Berry Global Corporation, Office of the General Counsel, Evansville;
- Scott Wylie, Director, Volunteer Lawyer Program of Southwestern Indiana, Evansville;
- Beverly Corn, Attorney and logistics committee chair, Evansville;
- Jeffrey Knight, Old National Bank, Vice President & General Counsel, Evansville;
- Hon. Heather Welch, Superior Court of Marion County, Indianapolis;
- Lynnette Long, Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission, Indianapolis, (nonattorney);
- Hon. Randall Shepard, Retired Chief Justice, Indiana Supreme Court, Indianapolis/formerly of Evansville;
- Donald Lundberg, Lundberg Legal and fundraising chair, Indianapolis;
- Hon. Melissa May, Indiana Court of Appeals and volunteers chair, Indianapolis;
- Scott Barnhart, Keffer Barnhart LLP and case committee chair, Indianapolis.
- Hon. John Broden, St. Joseph County Circuit Court, South Bend;
- Hon. Philip Simon, U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, Hammond; and
- Hon. Marissa McDermott, Lake County Circuit Court, Crown Point.
The National High School Mock Trial Championship will bring 900 visitors to Evansville from around the U.S., South Korea, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands. Forty-six teams typically compete. For more information, visit indianamocktrial.com or contact the Indiana Bar Foundation, 317-269-2415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.