24 Mock Trial Teams in State Finals March 9-10 in Indianapolis
Two hundred high school students will participate in the state finals for the Indiana High School Mock Trial program March 9-10, 2019 in Indianapolis.
Students from 11 schools will litigate a fictitious civil case, alternating as the prosecution and defense through four rounds of competition. The top-two teams will make their case in the final trial at the Indiana War Memorial with Indiana Supreme Court Justice Steven David presiding.
Students from the following high schools will compete.
From northern Indiana:
- Clay High School, South Bend
- John Adams High School, South Bend
- Merrillville High School, Merrillville
- Trinity School at Greenlawn, South Bend
- Valparaiso High School, Valparaiso
From central Indiana:
- Carmel High School, Carmel
- Cascade High School, Clayton
- Hamilton Southeastern High School, Fishers
- Heritage Christian School, Indianapolis
- Roncalli High School, Indianapolis
From southern Indiana:
- Signature School, Evansville
The purpose of the Indiana Mock Trial program is to stimulate and encourage a deeper understanding and appreciation of the American legal system. The program provides the opportunity for students to learn the judicial system through a hands-on experience. Through mock trials, students gain critical thinking and public speaking skills.
Educating tomorrow’s leaders, like the students participating in the high school mock trial program, is a primary example of how the legal community is working statewide to serve the public. Learn more about this charitable mission at www.inbf.org.