Saturday, September 22, 2018

I need legal help

I need legal help

The Indiana Bar Foundation is not an active legal practice. There are no attorneys in our office that take cases or offer legal advice in person, over the phone or by email. The Foundation does not have a list of pro bono (free) attorneys and will not recommend specific attorneys or law firms. For a list of the pro bono and legal aid providers in your area, go to this link.

To post a question online for an attorney's advice, go to Indiana Free Legal Answers. Some conditions apply.

For information about foreclosure prevention resources, go to or call 1-877-GET-HOPE. The Indiana Supreme Court also has information about foreclosure prevention initiatives in Indiana at this link.

For information about representing yourself and for pro se forms, visit the Indiana Supreme Court’s Self-Represented Litigant website.

For lawyer referral services, you may contact:

Indianapolis Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, 317-269-2222 

Lake County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, 219-738-1905

Allen County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, 260-423-2358

St. Joseph County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, 574-235-9657

If you want to proceed “pro se” (without a lawyer), there are forms, rules, and other resources online: 

Additional Legal Resources

Indiana Legal Services

American Bar Association Pro Bono resources

Indiana State Bar Association

Indiana Supreme Court Self Help

Indiana Foreclosure Prevention


Indiana Bar Foundation

615 N. Alabama St. #122
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 269-2415



Copyright 2018 by Indiana Bar Foundation Terms Of Use Privacy Statement
Back To Top